× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 Half Speed

vietp13
Aspirant

RAX80 Half Speed

After a firmware update or a router rebooty wired speed goes from 940mbps to 450. I would have to reset the router and configure the setting as I did before to get my speed back to normal. This happens when the power goes out as well. Is there anything I can do to prevent this or am I stuck with this as a resolution?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
ChAKiBrOs
Guide

I'm having same problem here, it seems speed capped after time sync with NTP sever.

Message 2 of 8
staindwithink
Aspirant

Rax80 Mine does the same thing daily...reset the modem every day so annoying  1 gig down to 500 reset and get my gig back

Message 3 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Everyone, 

Would you mind providing me with the firmware version your RAX80 is currently on? We recommend ensuring your device is on the latest firmware. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 8
staindwithink
Aspirant

I had the newest verison and the link dropped over 60 times a day from the ONT.  So annoying!  I just downgraded to .40 hopefully its more stable although now I cant get a gig at all.  Just 500 megs.  Hasnt dropped from ONT yet though.

Message 5 of 8
vietp13
Aspirant

The firmware I'm using is v1.0.1.64_1.0.27
Message 6 of 8
ChAKiBrOs
Guide

I have tried different version of firmware, speed can be resumed after factory reset or enable QOS, but it capped after time sync.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 7 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks for confirming. For those who have not reverted to a previous firmware version, I'm curious to know the outcome once you're able to. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7