RAX80- In desperate need of Help/Advice
Wondering if you could help me out.
I purchased the RAX80 about 6 months ago.
At the time, I researched and many, many sites at the time had it ranked very high and it was more or less reviewed as a great performing router as I was looking to replace my R7000.
Needless to say I have been extremely disapponted with the purchase.
The d/u speeds on both the 2.4ghz & 5ghz bands are terrible if I am on another floor in my 2 storey home. I have it positioned on my main floor which is central in my home. It randomly reboots at least 5 times a day. I'm up t about 19 devices in my home.
But my biggest ocmplaint is the performance, its quite honestly terrible compared to the R7000 I used to run on Netgear Frimware..
I have recently (last week) updated it with the lasted firmware from Netgear and it pretty much runs the same..good upclose or on the main floor but terrible in my basement and upstaris (1600sqft home).
I have 1GB service from my ISP and when wired directly to the modem I get that speed no problem.
I have not touched the settings on the admin page..actually I have trouble loggin into 192.168.1.1 for some reason as well. I can login via the app but no luck on my Macbook...any ideas why?
I guess what I'mn asking is what are my options with this router?
Settings changes I can make?
Should I use it as an extender and make my R7000 my main router again?
I have no idea how to do that so I'm just spit balling here...
Please give me your feedback and advice as I'm extremely frustrated at this point and am thinking of maybe switching to the Orbi (RBK52) or another Netgear Mesh system...recomendations on that option?
Would like to stick with Wifi 6 at this point...
What is the best performing Netgeat Router/Mesh system right now?
I paid a lot of money for it and I can't return it at this point so I need to make chicken salad out of this peice of chicken sh*t......HELP PLEASE...
Re: RAX80- In desperate need of Help/Advice
I think I've had mine for about a year and a half now. And in that time, I've experienced all the same headaches everyone else has, while churning through firmware updates that frequently hurt more than helped. I stuck with it out of stubbornness and wanting to get SOME value out of the high price tag. So much for "future proofing" my network.
I'm now at a point where my 5g channel is dropping connections a handful of times per day.
I've finally just decided to cut my losses, never buy another Netgear router again, and go for a competitor's product which offers Wi-Fi 6 at a cheaper price than what I paid for this doorstop.
I know that's not extremely helpful to you, but really, your best option is just to bail out now.