× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 Logs

dehinson64
Guide

RAX80 Logs

Hello,

I have intermittent problems with my RAX80. Sometimes the internet drops, cannot log into router hard-wired, internet speed drops to 10mbps. So, the only things I can do is re-booted the router manually. 

Anyway, I go into the router to review the logs to detemine issue. But the log starts from after the re-boot. I cannot see the logs from prior to the re-boot.  

Is there a way to see the logs prior to the reboot? Is this a confuguration option?

If not, Netgear get this done in the next firmware update!  This is getting on my nerves!

Regards, Dean.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
dehinson64
Guide

Also, why does FAST.com show that I have over 220mpbs internet speed and when I use SpeedTest while dialed into the router, I tells me only 25mbps.  Netgear, I am about to go ask for a refund and gt a different router from another company!

Message 2 of 5
microchip8
Master

You are beta testing. All RAX models have firmware issues and do not support a few important WiFi 6 options and it's not sure they'll be added at all, if possible. I do not recommend getting any AX routers from any vendor at this point in time, unless you want to beta test and throw money out the window

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

RAX80

Mine too
I upgraded to improve network strength in my small apartment but it is worse than my previous network router
Do Netgear respond to posts on here? Or do I need to post on whirlpool.net?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

Re: RAX80

> [...] Do Netgear respond to posts on here? [...]

Not reliably, but you might find/get more/better information in a
more appropriate forum for your router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wifi-ax6

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7