× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 / RAX75 Firmware 1.0.1.70 Problem

bayarnd
Star

RAX80 / RAX75 Firmware 1.0.1.70 Problem

Nighthawk AX8 (RAX75)

After updating from Firmware 1.0.1.64 to Firmware 1.0.1.70, I cannot run an admin connection from wireless clients to the router anymore, neither to 192.168.1.1. nor routerlogin.net.

Identical problem from iPad, iPhone and windows laptop, tested with Safari, Chrome, Firefox.

Hardwired clients can connect to the router as usual.

Chatted with support, downgraded to Firmware 1.0.1.64 and the connection works fine again.

Updated to Firmware 1.0.1.70 again plus reset to factory settings, the wireless connection stopped working again. Error is just "cannot connect to the server".

Is this a common problem with Firmware 1.0.1.70 - or does your wireless browser connection work okay after the update?

Thanks for your input..

Message 1 of 27
Kquickle
Aspirant

Same exact issue with my RAX75,and I just updated to the 1.0.1.70 a few days ago.  Also loses connection to attached USB drive - cannot access it from any connected device on the network.

Message 2 of 27
Exeller_1607
Initiate

Just order the TP-Link Archer AX11000 from costco which is $80 off thru the 15th. i will be returning the RAX75 which has been a big dissapointment from the beginning.

Message 3 of 27
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bayarnd and Kquickle, 

Please send me a message and provide me with your case number if you've contacted support. I'd like to have this report escalated to be looked into further. If not, please provide your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 27
Mutiny32
Initiate

I also have this problem. I have to reset the router several times per day. Same firmware. Trying to figure out how to return it.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 27
MacauBBS
Star

回复: RAX80 / RAX75 Firmware 1.0.1.70 Problem

@bayarnd wrote:

Nighthawk AX8 (RAX75)

After updating from Firmware 1.0.1.64 to Firmware 1.0.1.70, I cannot run an admin connection from wireless clients to the router anymore, neither to 192.168.1.1. nor routerlogin.net.

Identical problem from iPad, iPhone and windows laptop, tested with Safari, Chrome, Firefox.

Hardwired clients can connect to the router as usual.

Chatted with support, downgraded to Firmware 1.0.1.64 and the connection works fine again.

Updated to Firmware 1.0.1.70 again plus reset to factory settings, the wireless connection stopped working again. Error is just "cannot connect to the server".

Is this a common problem with Firmware 1.0.1.70 - or does your wireless browser connection work okay after the update?

Thanks for your input..

My problem is that when you connect a USB hard disk,

it will be unstable,

such as: automatic restart or disconnection some time,

all without USB is normal.

Message 6 of 27
Dellis62
Tutor

I have the RAX75 as well, exact same issue after updating firmware.  I only updated because the router has been iffy from the start.  It has reset to factory on its own twice when I rebooted or lost power.  Very disappointed and not sure I can still return to Costco.  5 months of troubleshooting, very disappointed.

Message 7 of 27
bayarnd
Star

I have the same issues with unstable USB disks.

I downgraded the router to the old Firmware 1.0.1.64 and it ran pretty stable for 7 weeks, including wireless admin access from my iOS devices and Readyshare sharing of 2 connected USB disks.

One week ago I updated again to Firmware 1.0.1.70 to see if there is a corrected release, but no success. The connected USB disks are visible for other network devices (shared via Readyshare) for a while, then they are gone. Rebooting the RAX75/80 brings the disks back for a while, until they are gone again.

Strangely, sometimes the disks are shared and visible in the network - but the router admin interface shows 'no usb disk' connected, no shared directories setup in 'readyshare'. 
I will try to downgrade again to Firmware 1.0.1.64 and hope I can run this router in that configuration for maybe 6 months, and if there is no better new firmware release I may have replace it.

Thanks for the comments!

Message 8 of 27
bayarnd
Star

I too experienced an unwanted factory reset. Since I did several resets during troubleshooting with Netgear support, I always keep an exported copy of my configurations on the desktop, for a quick reload if an unwanted reset occurs. 
I share your disappointment. 

In addition, even though we purchased our routers from Costco with 1 year of support, it shows as expired after 3 months on the Netgear website.

The Costco return period was 90 days I believe, but they are usually very helpful if an item is problematic or frustrating. 

Message 9 of 27
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nighthawk AX Community, 

For those experiencing issue(s) with their RAX75 please send me a private message. Please provide your contact info, serial number, and the issue(s) you're experiencing. I'd like for our Support Team to look into the reports on this thread further. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 10 of 27
Dellis62
Tutor

Thank you! Netgear support called me directly, a quick reset, didnt lose my settings, surprised, but everything is working again and I really appreciate it!!!!!
Message 11 of 27
MacauBBS
Star

Yes, downgrade to 1.0.1.64 no problem, timemachine can be used. 

Message 12 of 27
Dellis62
Tutor

I didnt have to downgrade
Message 13 of 27
ishibin
Aspirant

Hi, how to do a quick reset?

Message 14 of 27
Dellis62
Tutor

I did the factory reset with a paperclip in the reset hole. For some reason my settings never changed but it worked after reset and has since.
Message 15 of 27
ishibin
Aspirant

Yeah. I tried it and it worked. Thanks. But still I cannot access the admin page form Safari browser. Asking Netgear support now...

Message 16 of 27
bayarnd
Star

If you find a fix for that Safari problem, please let us know..

Thanks..

bayarnd

Message 17 of 27
ishibin
Aspirant

Highly doubt so becaues Netgear support doesn't want to take it as a product defect and asked me to use anohter browser. I am disappointed.

Message 18 of 27
Kquickle
Aspirant

I've since downgraded to 1.0.1.64 and am stable again.

Message 19 of 27
bayarnd
Star

Apologies for the late reply..

Were you able to run the admin login from another browser on iOS? I tried Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Brave, no success, only the errors looked different.

The statement from Netgear support is disappointing, I agree. Login via Safari (and the other browsers) on iOS works fine with firmware .64. After the update to .70 it does not work. Going back to .64 it works again. How is that not a problem introduced by the Netgear firmware update?

bayarnd 

Message 20 of 27

There is a new firware available.

Message 21 of 27
bayarnd
Star

@FredAloneForEve 

The support website still shows 1.0.1.70 as the current firmware version for the RAX75/AX8. Are you sure there is a newer one available?

Message 22 of 27

Yes here in France I have this new one.
See related and dedicated post
Message 23 of 27
SAM_the_GAM
Luminary

I think the new firmware is regional I am in the USA in Los Angeles, CA and there is no new firmware found in the gui. The latest is 1.0.1.70

Message 24 of 27
LeoDaDiDit
Aspirant

Router shuts off wireless access every 24 to 36 hours after upgrade to 1.0.70.1.  Rebooting the router so far re-enables wireless service.  I can do this either via power reset or can access to router remotely using cell service and the Nighthawk app from phone.

Leo

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7