× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 disconnects all wired and wirless devices about every 2-3 hours.

RAX80 disconnects all wired and wirless devices about every 2-3 hours.

I bought my Nighthawk RAX80 back in Sept of 2019. For the first 5-6 months is ran great, now for the last few months it keeps disconnecting all wired and wireless device every 2-3 hours. Yesterday it was so bad that I couldn't even go on line at all.

At first it was connecting once or twice a week. I did a firmware update and for a short time it stopped, it started again I saw some postings that said it might be the NTP, so I went on line and found a NTP clock setting and tried it. Again that worked for a while, then it started again, I check for another firmware update and when that didn't work I had my ISP replace their modem. Well that worked few about a day or two. 😞

Then at the end on last week it went from every few days to about every 2-3 hours. So I then saw there was a new firmware update, so I updated. No joy, the problem still continues, I tried reaching out to Netgear, but since I'm well past the 90 days all but well within the Hardware warranty period, all they really wanted to was have me pay to tell me if they will warranty my RAX80.

I have never had a company try and do that to me before! They claim they can fix it but that I needed to buy their extra contract. I told her that would not happen and that they could email me the fix, and I would use it and let them if it worked or not and we could go from there. Finally she agreed to send me the email, and that I would have it in a few minutes. That was over 30 minutes ago.

I have never seen a company go to such lengths to avoid warranty claim, let alone to try to charge a customer to pay them more money for something that is in warranty!

If anyone knows how to fix this problems please let me know. As it stands I am about to throw this thing out the window and but someone else’s Wi-Fi 6 route, and never buy a Netgear product again.

Thank you,

William

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7