× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 drops connection at same time every day

wolffpower
Aspirant

RAX80 drops connection at same time every day

I've purchased an RAX80 a few months ago. I've recently noticed that the router drops the internet connection at almost exactly the same time every day: at around 3:31am local time (AEST, Australia). (I have a Fingbox attached to the router which alerts me to network outages).

The wifi connections (2.4GHz and 5GHz) stay up (all devices remain connected to wifi) but no data is flowing from the internet. As soon as I reset the router (turn off/on), the problem disappears.

I'm not sure if this is related to a firmware upgrade. I'm running V1.0.3.106_1.0.50.

I have tried doing a factory reset and set up all my settings from scratch. That has not improved the situation.

Any suggestions?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
wolffpower
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 drops connection at same time every day

I did come across this similar post but it does not have a solution either: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/rax80-wifi-drop-once-per-day/m-p/1...

Message 2 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello wolffpower,

May you try reverting to the previous firmware version linked below and let us know how it turns out.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062282/RAX80-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-102

Christian 

Message 3 of 7
wolffpower
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion @Christian_R . I've downgraded to the firmware version you suggest and will monitor progress. I'll post back here either way.

Message 4 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wolffpower,

Sounds good. Looking forward to your next update!

Christian 

Message 5 of 7
wolffpower
Aspirant

Hi @Christian_R . Unfortuantely this doesn't seem to have worked. The router dropped the internet signal again this morning, and again at exactly 3:31am local time. Power cycling the router (on/off) restored the connection as usual.

It didn't drop the signal yesterday morning for some reason, which gave me false hope that the downgrade of firmware had worked.

Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wolffpower,

Thanks for confirming. May you send me a private message with the following info. I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance.

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7