× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 firmware version 1.0.3.102 - VLAN ID changed on Internet port

Tybolt
Initiate

RAX80 firmware version 1.0.3.102 - VLAN ID changed on Internet port

I just upgraded my RAX80 firmware to version 1.0.3.102_1.0.48 and lost Internet access. After some troubleshooting I decided to factory reset the router and set it up again. When I went into the VLAN / Bridge settings and enabled it, there was a default entry for the Internet port with VLAN tag 10. I do not remember this setting being here in previous firmware versions.

When I bought the router 6 months ago I had to manually add the VLAN ID rule on in the Internet port from scratch. My ISP (Internode in Australia) requires a VLAN tag (VLAN ID 2 on the Internet port) to connect. I had to edit the default rule to restore Internet access.

The release notes mention a change, "Fixes the issue where port 1 and port 5 can’t be added to the VLAN bridge group". This might be related.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: RAX80 firmware version 1.0.3.102 - VLAN ID changed on Internet port

No idea why the configured WAN side VLAN for the Internet access should have gone bullocks. The default for the Internet VLAN was and is always 10 on the Netgear routers.

@Tybolt wrote:

When I bought the router 6 months ago I had to manually add the VLAN ID rule on in the Internet port from scratch. My ISP (Internode in Australia) requires a VLAN tag (VLAN ID 2 on the Internet port) to connect. I had to edit the default rule to restore Internet access.

Part of the manual config - AFAIK there is no Internet connection assistent to set-up the Internet VLAN (and others) in an automatic way.

@Tybolt wrote:

The release notes mention a change, "Fixes the issue where port 1 and port 5 can’t be added to the VLAN bridge group". This might be related.

The VLAN bridge group is to forward a non-Internet (typically IPTV or VoIP VLANs) to a specific port - this was not possible to configure to LAN port 1 and LAN port 5 before. Just for Internet, you don't need this. Well possible, they messed up something in this context 8-/

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7