× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 from bad to worse

SergeD1
Follower

RAX80 from bad to worse

Lets start with the fact that netgear does not provide any support for their products.
90 days for 200-300$ piece of hardware and then you must pay another 100$ to get any assistance is stupid if not plain horrible business practice.

I did like Netgear products in the past and had number of these. No more. With first opportunity I am switching away as I am not ready to shell out 1k just yet.

Now. RAX80 becomes less and less stable with each update. Features are nice on paper but getting paperware more and more.
Main purpose of the router to be stable, intuitive and stable.
When router stops providing its main function - provide reliable network connection, it becomes a garbage. And this is what RAX80 is these days.

Dont expect support to help you, they want money and not to assist you. Extortion. The only option you would have is to help yourself and play with settings to restore its what was working functionality before. You would need to guess combinations, play with factory resets, ets.

Most recent issue is common for this forum for now almost a year - dropped wifi - it appears that everyone would get one at some point with no changes to router done before that event.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Fcooper
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 from bad to worse

Purchased on Feb 2020. StArted to loose WiFi intermittently. 5GHZ disappears regularly from both RAX80 and its extender. Very disappointed in the quality at this price point.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7