× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 has never completely worked

tgumpf
Follower

RAX80 has never completely worked

I am competelyy frustrated. this Netgear RAX80 has never worked. to my frustration after it competey died today, i contacted Netgear to find that they will "NOT"talk with me unless I pay to extend a warranty.

I purchased the RAX80 and the EAX extender, you do the math.  Over 800 dollars of their equipment and they want more money.

Their not getting it from me. I need to know another reliable brand that i can purchase. our community relies on wifi for phone service which is not netgear's problem but it is mine. 

1). computer works when directly connected to modem

2). performed factory reset

3). reset modem and wifi as directed in another conversation

Can someone recomend a reliable brand of wifi equipment?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX80 has never completely worked

A couple things. 

1. we can attempt to help you get it fixed here. This is the public support forum where members of the public help out for free. 

But we'd need details. like firmware on it, a full description of the problem, the gateway/modem its connected to, exactly what you've done to try to fix it, and any other details you have. 

2. are you within your warranty period?  If not, then I don't know of a company that replaces products out of warranty. Yes, it stinks to be out a bunch of money but apple's not going to give you a new $2000 computer if yours goes bad out of warranty. 

3. If you are within warranty but just not within the free 90 days of support, then something to ask them is if they can't fix it, will they refund the support fee? I've seen them do that. but you'd need to be sure its a hardware issues. That's again where we can help in troubleshooting. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7