× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 has no fan?

jcax
Star

RAX80 has no fan?

I'm on my second RAX80. There is no fan inside that I can see.

The first one I purchased used thru Amazon, and a week or so later I found a new one on sale by Amazon for a little less that the price as I had just paid for the used one. Used one is not covered under Netgear warranty (warranty is only for original purchaser), the new one is, so I ordered the new one. Free return, so I net a few dollars.

The first one worked fine. The fan would come on occassionally, and it could easily be seen through the top mesh grill...label, tiny blades spinning or not. I could feel the breeze when it was on. Wasn't very loud at all.

The new one arrived. I installed it. It is working well. Sent the first one back for refund. All good.

I had never heard the fan on the new one, so I looked through the grill...there is no fan. Flashlight through the grill. Nope, no fan.

I know model configurations change over time, but since I have seen/read a few posts here about fan noise and heat on this model, I thought I'd ask here: am I missing a fan, or is all well and I should move on?

(There is nothing wrong with the device, so didn't really think I should create a service ticket at this point.)

Thanks.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX80 has no fan?

Hi jcax, 

All RAX80s are built with a fan. If you believe your device doesn't have a fan, I would suggest contacting our support team. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jcax, 

All RAX80s are built with a fan. If you believe your device doesn't have a fan, I would suggest contacting our support team. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
jcax
Star

Thanks. Done. I appreciate the response.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7