× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 keeps droping internet connection randomly

Manazir
Guide

RAX80 keeps droping internet connection randomly

Hi 

I am using Netgear Nighthawk AX8 router for a month now. I am noticing that the router drops internet connection randomly and does not reconnect until I reboot the router. I am having this issue for quite some time. Yesterday I update the firmware to the latest V1.0.3.88_1.0.41. Still the issue is not solved yet. Same problem is repeating. My ISP is giving me a PPOE connection. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX80 keeps droping internet connection randomly

What gateway is it connected to? 

Did you try factory resetting and re-installing after the update? That can help if an old setting is causing issues. 

Message 2 of 11
Manazir
Guide

Yes. I have done a factory reset after the update and then configured the router manually. I do not seem to understand why this is repeating. Also this mostly happens during late night/early morning. @plemans 

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

what gateway is it connected to? 

Message 4 of 11
Manazir
Guide

The router is connected directly to ISP's ethernet line. 

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

and that ethernet line connects to something. Thats an important piece of information. 

What gateway is it? 

And who's the isp? 

Message 6 of 11
Manazir
Guide

I am from Bangladesh. The ISP is a local one(SB Network). May be my device is connected to on of ISP's switch. 

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

@Manazir wrote:

I am from Bangladesh. The ISP is a local one(SB Network). May be my device is connected to on of ISP's switch. 

tough to tell. Have you checked with your isp to see how to best add a router to their setup? SB networks gave me a bunch of results on google. 

Message 8 of 11
Manazir
Guide

Here is the website link for the isp.

http://www.sbnetworkbd.com/

There is no specific recommendations from the isp. They gave me a username and password and connected the router through PPPoE connection. That's it. Also I had a asus router before this, did not have any such issues on that router.

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

when you loose connection, are both wired and wireless dropping, just wired, or just wireless?

Message 10 of 11
Manazir
Guide

When the connection drops, all wired/wireless devices remain connected to the router. But cannot access internet. For example, my phone shows connected to the wifi but cannot browse internet. At that time the router internet led turns red, which means not connected to internet.

But as soon as I reboot the router the connection comes back on.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7