× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 latest firmware - will they ever fix it?

RAX80 latest firmware - will they ever fix it?

This is awful.  I can't believe anyone is successfully using the latest firmware.  I've been stuck on Firmware Version V1.0.2.76_1.0.35 now because with every new release, they seem to break something or not fix anything and have to roll back.  The 1.0.2.76_1.0.35 is fairly stable, but has its issues as well.

Thier support is useless as you have to be witin 90 days for complementary support.  Then, when they break something with a firmware update, you are forced to pay I guess to let them know what is wrong.   This is absolutely awful.

I can't even to my knowing submit an issue with the latest firmware that MUST be a firmware issue because when I roll it back, the issue disapears and works as it should.  So hard to say that is a hardware issue.

Here's the thing.  The issues I'm seeing on the current firmware, 1.0.2.76, are seemingly fixed on the latest firmware.  Except they break other functionality.  Sorry for the rant.  If I missed a way to contact support to report or descibe my new issues with the latest firmware, please enlighten.  Sadly.  Unless someone is working on this firmware to fix it, which I have no idea...  I'm looking to buy another router, which I'm having a hard time doing so, because the one I will need is very expensive to get the features needed.  This one will work great for me, if it worked.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX80 latest firmware - will they ever fix it?

Hello,

I can assist with our support team reaching out to you for further investigation. If you wish to be contacted, please provide me with the following info.

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Serial Number:

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements