× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 missing 160Mhz Channels

djjuice
Aspirant

RAX80 missing 160Mhz Channels

so it appears at some point, maybe the latest firmware update that the 160Mhz channels have been removed? I tried a factory reset with no change. I could go down a firmware but rather not.

right now the highest non-DFS channel I can go on the 5Ghz is 48, the rest are all DFS stopping at 128.

did something happen?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
djjuice
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 missing 160Mhz Channels

I'm set to the US, and I did a factory reset, my only option from here is to try a lower firmware, I usually use channel 149,1453, or 157 due to congestion on the lower channels, but this is just not available anymore, just the 60Mhz or the DFS channels. I'd use the DFS channels but I have devices that don't see the router then.

Edit: the mode was set to 4800Mbps, this reduces the channels, adjust accordingly and channels returned

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
avtella
Prodigy

I have no such issue on the latest firmware,so my guess is some sort of corruption or wrong country setting? Try a factory reset.
For HT160 channels above 128 wont be available due to lack of contiguous bandwidth, so that’s normal.
Message 2 of 4
djjuice
Aspirant

I'm set to the US, and I did a factory reset, my only option from here is to try a lower firmware, I usually use channel 149,1453, or 157 due to congestion on the lower channels, but this is just not available anymore, just the 60Mhz or the DFS channels. I'd use the DFS channels but I have devices that don't see the router then.

Edit: the mode was set to 4800Mbps, this reduces the channels, adjust accordingly and channels returned

Message 3 of 4
avtella
Prodigy

Oh you want HT80, then yeah you need to set it to 2300 Mbps option to get the upper channels.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7