× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 new firmware: V1.0.3.98_1.0.46

mixmaven
Star

RAX80 new firmware: V1.0.3.98_1.0.46

Firmware V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 

RAX80 just updated to this new version of firmware but don't see anything about it on the website?  

Anyone else running it? 

Wondering if I should go back to the hotfix version.  

I have remote management off, but how can I be notified if anyone else is logging in?  Today the login screen was down, rebooted, couldn't log in, pulled all connections - rebooted and it said someone else was logged in - which of course is impossible with a fresh reboot and no connections.  I logged in and didn't see anything in the log file but updated it to the latest version from 1.03.88.   I also changed the password for good measure.  

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
branchbiker
Apprentice

Re: RAX80 new firmware: V1.0.3.98_1.0.46

It really F'ed up the router time.  Check if yours just keeps looping?  This will cause problems with the lof, Circle, and god knows what else.  I just reported it, but support is oblivious (telling me to change DNS servers).  As if....

https://kb.netgear.com/000062157/RAX80-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-98

New Features and Enhancements:

Detects the time zone automatically.
Improves the CE-DFS behavior.
Bug Fixes:

Fixes the boot up issue when the Transmit Power Control feature is not set to 100%.
Fixes the issue where some 5 GHz WiFi channels are not available when the mode is set to “Up to 600 Mbps” and the region is set to Australia.
Fixes the issue where some port forwarding rules disappear from list.
Fixes minor bugs.
Fixes security bugs.

Message 2 of 9
mixmaven
Star

I don't believe my router is looping, I have a solid network stream to TV's but I cannot access the login page @ 192.168.x.x or through the Netgear app.  Highly frustrating. 

Rebooted, no change.  Will probably pull the router and hit reset if I can't think of anything else.  

Message 3 of 9
FS_Ranch
Aspirant

Hey Community

Also upgraded to firmware V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 and it distroyed my system. All my WiFi connected devices had to be reset (printer, Nests, Hue, Sonos, etc) and the 5g Ghz seems to have lost single distance. Plus, now getting popups for Netgear Armor and Circle for subscriptions via the app, very frustrating.

Looking to see if there is a way to load a earlier version?

Message 4 of 9
mixmaven
Star

Sorry, missed this reply.   My router ended up needing to be replaced since I couldn't log in.   If you can log in, use the link below to find the firmware for the RAX80, under firmware/software click the plus or arrow to see previous firmware releases. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/

Message 5 of 9
redparadox
Guide

I'm still experiencing random reboots of the RAX80 and always ... hoping ... that the latest firmware release will fix the issues.   I was running 1.0.3.92 hotfix and then when the V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 firmware was released updated it.   Interestingly it appears to have been pulled from the Netgear site with 1.0.3.88 showing as the latest.

Not sure how much longer I will still with this Netgear product.  I am in a "work-from-home" situation and I need a stable router.  

Message 6 of 9
mixmaven
Star

I am in the same boat, and was hoping your post was the new software release.  I am past the return window or I would ship my RAX 80 back for a full refund. I have purchased a dozen different Netgear products over the past 3-5 years, and recently there has been problem after problem with every firmware release (dropping http packets, breaking apple home kit IoT devices, router outages.) I am just about done. 

Message 7 of 9
steviev1
Apprentice

I manually downgraded back to .88

I would suggest turning off firmware auto update as well.

Once I downgraded, everything is working fine.

Message 8 of 9
mixmaven
Star

RAX80 new firmware 1.0.3.102_1.0.48 has been released.  

Wish me luck. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7