× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 not responding when trying to login locally

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RAX80 not responding when trying to login locally

I have 2 issues but the first one make is hard to do anything to the router.  For the most part I have not had any internet or speed issues.  I have the latest firmware 1.0.1.62.  After about 3 or 4 days I loose the ability to log on to the router remotley with a PC or the app, However I can get the app to connect if when it times out I can tell it to conenct remotely and then can reboot.  Everything seems to be fine after that for the next couple days.

The second problem is that my NAS (WD PR4100) is set for link aggrigation 802.11ad and the router is set the same.  Router utilizes this at first but then goes to inactive after a few days.  My last router always stayed connected with link aggrigation.

Could there be a memory leak in the current firmware?  Both of these seem to happen just after a couple days of a reboot.

I acutually returned the first RAX80 due to this issue because I thought something was wrong with the hardware.  I am sure this is related to the firmware somehow so I will keep this one.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello shamelin73 - Thanks for posting. I'd like for our Support Team to reach out to you. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a message with your contact info. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Christian

Thank you

I have sent you a PM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies