× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 too slow

JimTheGreek
Tutor

RAX80 too slow

Too slow via Ethernet
Got Spectrum 400Mbps (new modem).
Max speed via Ethernet 80Mbps.
If I plug PC directly to modern I get 480.
Also, I cannot use the Rax80 MAC address, I have to use my PC on the rax80 settings.
I have disconnected EVERYTHING except my PC, still at 80.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Re: RAX80 too slow

Problem solved. It was the QOS setting. Turned it off, full speed! Plus, reboot w/o the router, then connected the router and it allowed the router MAC address!

Thank you all!

BTW: I apologize for posting this in a language I don't speak, it was a mistake, sorry!

But, what's interesting, it's not showing up under my posts, yet, Netgear community sent me a badge update. Cool!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JimTheGreek
Tutor

Problem solved. It was the QOS setting. Turned it off, full speed! Plus, reboot w/o the router, then connected the router and it allowed the router MAC address!

Thank you all!

BTW: I apologize for posting this in a language I don't speak, it was a mistake, sorry!

But, what's interesting, it's not showing up under my posts, yet, Netgear community sent me a badge update. Cool!

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7