× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 unstable/connection drops

liquidshadowfox
Follower

RAX80 unstable/connection drops

I've been following these forums for a while now and I know this router has a history of having really unreliable connections, etc with later iterations of the firmware. So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get my hands on the stable firmware 1.0.1.40. 

I'm currently using Firmware Version V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 and it's not stable and neither is V1.0.2.76_1.0.35. If anyone has any idea which is the most stable firmware please let me know, I have factory reset this router several times and I'm about to sell it to someone for cheap so I can buy a router that actually performs well without having to jump through all these hoops. I do not want to call the netgear support. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
mateverywhere
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 unstable/connection drops

Sorry to say my response may not be helpful to you, but it may be helpful to others;

My RAX80 was experiencing all the same issues as you described, and others have, but it also was reporting that no firmware updates were available. It was stuck on V1.0.1.70_1.0.30 and the auto-update function wasn't working. Stupid me, I didn't bother manually checking the Netgear downloads site until about 2 weeks ago. Now updated to 1.0.2.76 and it's been solid as a rock. I haven't rebooted since, when it was an 'every second day' thing previously.

So, I guess for my money, 1.0.2.76 is the one to go for.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7