× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 will not save any applied configurations after applying and restarting

SummerDellTx
Aspirant

RAX80 will not save any applied configurations after applying and restarting

I started noticing a couple weeks ago my AP (AC1900) dropping off frequently and the only remediation was to restart the RAX80. I applied all recent firmware updates and that didnt fix the AP drop issue but then also created an issue which Im unable to save any configurations. After applying the changes they remain but once I restart the device they are complely gone. I have factory reset this RAX80 3 times now to include reapllying the same newest firmware and then once reaplying the an older firmware. Doesnt help. I basically have to keep the device online till it blows up and then add back my configs for it to work. This is creating quite an issue. If there is a vendor patch for this issue please reach out to me because Im struggling to stay connected for work with the device in this condition.  Im currently running below firmware version. The unit hosts approx 70 devices mixed between wired and wifi, some are static IP but 60% are DHCP with reservations. Access control and MAC filtering is on. 

Firmware Version V1.0.5.126_1.0.65
GUI Language Version V1.0.5.126_2.1.46.1

Thanks,

Shane

Message 1 of 5
Devilstrider
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 will not save any applied configurations after applying and restarting

Welcome to the world of a trash router and Netgear knows it but does nothing about it. That router if my last Netgear product.
Message 2 of 5
Devilstrider
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 will not save any applied configurations after applying and restarting

Welcome to the world of a trash router and Netgear knows it but does nothing about it. That router is my last Netgear product.
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello SummerDellTx

I suggest contacting support could be a hardware issue with it not saving your configs after a power reset. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
SummerDellTx
Aspirant

The device is 2 years old, shows out of warranty now. Im unable to reset and rebuilt it now due it not saving anything after a reboot. I had no choice but to buy a new router. This RAX80 was expensive so Im frustrated that it died like it did.  Unless Netgear has anythign to offer me in the form of replacement then additonal followe-up by me is worthless. The new other brand router works fine.  Uhggg.  Thanks for your response.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7