× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 wired connection slow

nytiger73
Star

RAX80 wired connection slow

I bought the RAX80 router about 2 month ago.  I have a 1gb connection with my provider (actually 940x35).  When I first brought it online, my wired speeds were about half what they should have been.  I did a factory reset and all was good for the last 2 months or so.  The last week it has started doing it again.  So, recently, I did another factory reset which seemed to fix the issue, this time for only a couple of day, this time my wired speeds generally are around 200-400Mbps.  When I run my main PC direct into my modem, I get around 800-930Mbps pretty consistently, so I know my connection is good.  I don't really want to use the router provided by my ISP.  Has anyone had a similar issue with this device?  If so, how did you fix it?  I am out of my return period with Best Buy, so I am kind of screwed with respect to an exchange.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nytiger73, 

To help us understand more, would you mind answering the following questions: 

1. What is the model number of your modem? 

2. What firmware version do you have on the RAX80?

3. Does the issue occur on a single wired device or multiple wired devices?

Looking forward to hearing back form you

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
nytiger73
Star

Hello - 

I contacted support and they really weren't all that helpful, unfortunately.  They had me do another factory reset which is extremely distruptive and takes me hours to set my network backup.  I have numerous IoT lightbulbs, Amazon Alexas, phones, tablets, computers etc. that all have to be reconnected.  As of now, I am getting decent wired speeds again, but I can't help but think that this might happen again.

I am using a Technicolor E31T2V1 modem.

I have the latest firmware on my RAX80 router.

I currently have only one computer directly wired into the router.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi nytiger73 - Please send me a message with your case number and email address. I'd like for support to follow up on your case.

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7