× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80

rabiddawg
Follower

RAX80

RAX80  has intermittent wifi and internet.

using my R8000 router solved the issue!

thinking i wasted money on this junk.

Message 1 of 5
Sanjonline
Tutor

Re: RAX80

I have not had a good experience with the RAX80,  it has been a waste of  money and time, in the end I have gone back to my fritzbox and CISCO wireless and UBNT wireless access points which are QA tested and just simply work.  Support have done nothing to be able to help and now the product is out of warrenty and has never really worked correctly.  Been a very disapointing experience and will be thinking twice before i purchase another netgear product or recomending it to others.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
IrvSp
Master

@rabiddawg wrote:

If you posted over on the forum for this router (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...) and explained the RAX80 problem (or looked at the theads which seem to be having problems) someone might be able to help you out?

Message 3 of 5
myersw
Master

@rabiddawg wrote:

Yup, return if you are within the return window and get from a different vendor.

Netgear right now, IMHO has lost their way when it comes to firmware. They do not seem to address known problems and the QA of the firmware seems to be lacking. 

There are folks on this forum that will not like this suggestion, just so you know. 

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello rabiddawg - If you recently purchased the device we recommend utilizing your complimentary support using the following link.

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7