× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE300 Max internet speed to pc

mrgcinet
Follower

RAXE300 Max internet speed to pc

Hello, I have a RAXE300 connected to a 2g cable modem. The router receives speeds close to 2g (1.8-1.9). When I connect a pc straight to the cable modem, a speed test reveals that it too receives close to 2g. When I connect the router to the modem and the pc to the router, it gets less than 1g speeds. The multi-gig port is enabled on the router. Shouldn't I be able to get the full 2g to my pc through the RAXE300 router?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RAXE300 Max internet speed to pc

The RAXE300 only has one Multi-Gig port and other LAN ports are all max 1Gbps. I suppose you connected the modem to the router's Multi-Gig port and connected your PC to one of the router's LAN ports. So the speed is limited by the LAN connection to your PC. If your PC uses a WiFi 6 network card (e.g. Intel AX210), then you should be able to get more than 1Gbps through the WiFi connection to the router's 5GHz band.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RAXE300 Max internet speed to pc

The RAXE300 only has one Multi-Gig port and other LAN ports are all max 1Gbps. I suppose you connected the modem to the router's Multi-Gig port and connected your PC to one of the router's LAN ports. So the speed is limited by the LAN connection to your PC. If your PC uses a WiFi 6 network card (e.g. Intel AX210), then you should be able to get more than 1Gbps through the WiFi connection to the router's 5GHz band.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7