× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 6ghz Wifi Band Not Showing

Beaudigity
Follower

RAXE500 6ghz Wifi Band Not Showing

I recently purchased the RAXE500 and after setup would have expected to see 3 SSID's broadcast for the tri-band router.  The 6ghz broadcast is no where to be found.  I can see the light for 6ghz is there but I cannot see the network on any device, iPhone 12 Pro, iMac, Windows, Macbook Pro...nothing!

Prior to this, I had a Nighthawk R8000p, and had a similar problem.  Another triband router but could only see 2 out of the 3 networks.  A friend of mine had the exact same model and setup and I could see all 3 of his SSID's.  Coincidence?

I have reset the new router several times, read all the discussion boards, checked all the settings and nothing seems to help.  Clearly others have had the same issue but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Help!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAXE500 6ghz Wifi Band Not Showing

6E is a new wifi band. your 2.4ghz and 5ghz devices won't see the 6ghz band. 

Unless you have an intel AX210 (and installed properly because theres a work around to get it working through windows) or a Samsung S21, you don't have a device capable of 6G

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7