× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 DHCP Address Reservation Device Name

LightrodSilver
Aspirant

RAXE500 DHCP Address Reservation Device Name

Hello, I got my RAXE500 a few days ago, so far everything is stable. The one thing I've noticed, is that when you go to the LAN Setup and Address Reservation, the Device Names are missing. I know the router got the names, because under the Attached Devices the device names are present. I know there is a beta firmware for this router, but I am skeptical of deploying it due to wanting to keep stability. This post is primarily to submit a bug report. Not sure if there is a propper place for such things, but I couldn't find it.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RAXE500 DHCP Address Reservation Device Name

I've been on the beta firmware since it came out and it was fine for me. (using a different setup right now or I'd log into check the attached devices names under reservations)

Message 2 of 5
LightrodSilver
Aspirant

So it would appear that the DHCP Address Reservation only uses the Device's Name, whereas in the Attached Devices section, it uses Device Name and Model. This creates an unneccesary step of having to look at a different page to match my devices if they decide not to share their name (Apple devices do not by default). Thankfully, I am not working with many devices, but still frustrating. I would like to see Netgear implement a feature that, if the Device Name isn't available, but the Model is, it use that as the Device Name. 

Message 3 of 5
LightrodSilver
Aspirant

*unnecessary

Message 4 of 5
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

@LightrodSilver wrote:

So it would appear that the DHCP Address Reservation only uses the Device's Name, whereas in the Attached Devices section, it uses Device Name and Model. This creates an unneccesary step of having to look at a different page to match my devices if they decide not to share their name (Apple devices do not by default). Thankfully, I am not working with many devices, but still frustrating. I would like to see Netgear implement a feature that, if the Device Name isn't available, but the Model is, it use that as the Device Name. 

>>>> definitely, this can be long term to improve. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7