× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500

Vikingblood
Tutor

RAXE500

I want to apologize to the Netgear tech support team; I thought I had the latest Intel driver for my older Intel Dual-Band wireless AC 7260 network adapter. Interestingly, Windows 10 and ASUS kept telling me I had the newest driver; however, upon further investigation, I noticed Intel had an updated 18.33.5.1 driver version, so I happily installed it and crossed my fingers. Did that allow my laptop to locate 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequencies with my RAXE500 router after reenabling AX mode? Nope! Despite this torment, I searched the intel site and noticed another download link with an 18.33.17.1 version. After successful installation and to my dismay, I was able to switch my router settings back to the enable AX mode and OFDMA in all 3 frequencies, changed the 2.4 GHz channel back to auto, and allowed implicit beamforming. At the same time, the laptop was still able to recognize 2.4 and 5GHz frequencies and connect to WiFi! THANK YOU, LORD!  My MacBook Pro hasn't had any trouble since I started using the RAXE500; only my older Asus Q502LAB with the 7260 network adapter. I would have trashed the Asus and gotten a newer windows based laptop before I kept the AX mode disabled. That defeats the purpose of why I bought the router!

Intel-Downloads for Wireless 

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAXE500

Hello Vikingblood,

No worries! We're happy to hear that you're back up and running! Thanks for the update!

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7