× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RE: multi-gig internet (1Gbps + 1Gbps) setup on RAX 200

JOSH15796
Follower

RE: multi-gig internet (1Gbps + 1Gbps) setup on RAX 200

Folks,  need your advice and expertise.  

Just subscribed to a broadband service (2 x 1000M) and wanted to aggregate the two ports.  I followed the settings as per user manual but after several reboots,  multi-gig internet (1Gbps + 1Gbps) status still shows inactive.  

I've called the ISP technical support and they can't grasp the concept of linking two ports.; they did mention that the modem (model: Huawei Echolife HG8040H5) provides two active ports with two different IP addresses. 

Appreciate if anyone here can please help provide some advice as I am not sure if I missed a step or if the modem provided to me is compatible for this function.   Thank you! 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RE: multi-gig internet (1Gbps + 1Gbps) setup on RAX 200

Both the modem and the router have to support port aggregation. I've haven't found any info that shows that modem supports port aggregation. I've actually ran into this issue a year ago with someone else. I researched it more and still don't see any info on it. I'd be betting it doesn't because your isp doesn't know anything about it and usually its an advertised feature. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX200-Wan-Aggregation/m-p/1915494

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7