× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RX4300 router sudden block devices

mual
Tutor

RX4300 router sudden block devices

I have this router for 4 months and twice I had some of my device had been drop from connection while others are still on. Both times I had to power cycled it to get thing works again. Any idea, why?

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: RX4300 router sudden block devices

AX4300 is a speed not a model. (you put RX4300 which isn't either)

What model do you have? 

What firmware is on it? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

When the devices drop, do they say "connected, no internet", do they disconnect from the wifi and won't reconnect? 

What happens exactly?

Message 2 of 9
mual
Tutor

Sorry.

model AX4300

hardware ver. RAX45

firmware ver. v1.0.2.72

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to?

When the devices drop, do they say "connected, no internet", do they disconnect from the wifi and won't reconnect?

What happens exactly?
Message 4 of 9
mual
Tutor

Sorry that I missed the bottom of your questiond

additional info.

It connected to a cable modem.

When devices dropped, they shown "no internet, disconnect". I went to set up to try connect Wifi but could'nt.

Thanks for your asking

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

@mual wrote:

It connected to a cable modem.--which modem?

When devices dropped, they shown "no internet, disconnect". Do all devices show this? Does it tend to be devices connecting to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz? or both?  went to set up to try connect Wifi but could'nt.

Thanks for your asking

Also, the RAX devices were released before the AX spec was even finalized. meaning sometimes a firmware change actually caused old settings to have issues. So if there was issues after a firmware update, a good first step was to factory reset and do a clean install on them. By clean install, I mean not using a backup configuration. Has that been tried at all?

Message 6 of 9
mual
Tutor

Thanks Plement for shining some light to this.

The deveces dropped one on 2.4GHz and two on 5GHz (one were a phone, S10+ that containning the RAX45 app.)

I don't recall firmware update by me. I will pay attention on next time if FW auto update.

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

If you bought it new, it should have been auto-update as thats the default configuration. 

Might be worth trying the factory reset and reinstall

Message 8 of 9
mual
Tutor

Thank you for your advice, Plemans. I will try that when find time that no activity through.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7