× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RX8 RAX75/RAX80 stability

RajaDaja
Luminary

RX8 RAX75/RAX80 stability

Anyone satisfied with their RAX75/80. I bought the Costco version(RAX75) and I could not log into the web base UI, only the App. I used Apple computer so Safari is my browser. I was able to log into the web base UI using a Windows PC though. Anyways after setup, I feel that this router is lacking, can't really explain(weak connection, slow or non-loading of web pages, ect......WTF! 

Can anyone chime in with positive comments? Thanks

CM-1000

X10 R9000 AD7200

AX8 RAX75

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RX8 RAX75/RAX80 stability

This leads back to my main question; Is this new AX8 router worthy? I believe not. Thanks

If you don't believe it is, then return it. I've got an RAX200 and it works great. I can't speak for the RAX 75/80 because I don't have one. 

Potentially something was setup different than prior.

What modem are you running? 

Did you setup qos on the RAX? Qos isn't recommended >250mbps speeds because it disables CTF in broadcom devices. 

What speed are you getting over hardwired on the RAX?

Did you setup smart connect on the RAX? Area's with high congestion tend to have issues with smart connect due to interference and the smart connect starting devices off on the 2.4ghz signal. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Are you going CM1000----->R9000----->AX8?

Unless you put the ax8 in AP (access point) mode, you'd be in a double nat which can cause many different issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 2 of 8
RajaDaja
Luminary

@plemans wrote:

Are you going CM1000----->R9000----->AX8?

Unless you put the ax8 in AP (access point) mode, you'd be in a double nat which can cause many different issues. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Yes, AX8 is in AP mode, I initially tried the AX8 in router mode, as I mentioned my network seemed weak/unstable, not sure how to discribe. Didn't get around to putting R9000 in AP mode. Thanks for responding.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

When you have 2 netgear routers on your network, only 1 will work with the routerlogin option. The device in ap mode, you'll either need to use the app (as you are) or using the specific IP address for it. That should be listed in your attached devices page on the R9000

Message 4 of 8
RajaDaja
Luminary

I can log into both, x10(main) & rax75(ap). During the initial setup thoughI I started fresh. No routers were connected. My new AX8 was gonna be my main downstairs & R9000 in AP mode upstairs. I attempted to set the AX8 up via web base UI but could not log us Safari. I was able to using Chrome. Got everything set up, as I mentioned.....started surfing and pages would not load or would load very slow. I have 500/15 speed tier. I hadn’t even got to the AP Setup for the R9000. This leads back to my main question; Is this new AX8 router worthy? I believe not. Thanks
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

This leads back to my main question; Is this new AX8 router worthy? I believe not. Thanks

If you don't believe it is, then return it. I've got an RAX200 and it works great. I can't speak for the RAX 75/80 because I don't have one. 

Potentially something was setup different than prior.

What modem are you running? 

Did you setup qos on the RAX? Qos isn't recommended >250mbps speeds because it disables CTF in broadcom devices. 

What speed are you getting over hardwired on the RAX?

Did you setup smart connect on the RAX? Area's with high congestion tend to have issues with smart connect due to interference and the smart connect starting devices off on the 2.4ghz signal. 

Message 6 of 8
RajaDaja
Luminary

I did a factory reset and inserted my RAX75 as my main router, went thru the setup and everything is working as it should, speedy loading of web pages, hardwired & WiFi speeds are great! All the options are in use beamforming, mimo, ax mode & smart connect. No dropped connections. As you mention, something was not setup right which got me to thinking......Thanks

AX8   RAX75    AX5700 > X10   R9000    AD7200 > CM 1000 > 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working decent!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos