× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax 80 V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 Unable to reach wifi to lan through SMB after update.

Mythic82
Aspirant

Rax 80 V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 Unable to reach wifi to lan through SMB after update.

Updated to V1.0.3.88 and was no longer able to reach my nas storage from my mobilephone so I went back to Firmware Version 1.0.2.76 and all was well. Now my router autoupdated to V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 and the problem is back again. My guess is that it is some routing error between wifi and lan on this 1.0.3 firmware. Also using the external ip through http/ftp and so on does not work eighter so some kind of loopback error aswell. Connect as usual throug lan cable so no problem there. Also wifi can reach internet just not lan. As I can not find any way to open a ticket and no support contacts unless I pay for it, my only option is to mention it here. A bugg report link on the router admin page should be mandatory to track errors like this and would greatly benefit the company. I really dont see how they left that out. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Mythic82
Aspirant

Re: Rax 80 V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 Unable to reach wifi to lan through SMB after update.

Since it is possible Ethernet Port Aggregation is part of it i should mention the nas is connected through 802.3 but there is no problem reaching it through lan so it should not be related. My phone also is wifi 6 compatible android phone if that is of use but should not be related eighter. Problem is most defenetly routing related. But incase it might help to replicate the problem there you go.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7