× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax periodic reboot

millewg001
Aspirant

Rax periodic reboot

I have installed a RAX120 and an EX8000 as an access point.  I also have an EX7500 installed as a wireless extender using the same SSID as the RAX120.  This network extender is used primarily to improve a security camera and receives very little use otherwise.

it appears I need to regularly reboot my rax120 because it stops responding.  It occurs mostly late at night but occasionally mid day.  I am not sure if this is a router issue or an isp service issue and am looking for advise on how to diagnose this issue.

1). Is this a common occurance with these routers?

2) are there logs that can be turned on 

3) are ther other recommended tools or diagnostic approaches .

Message 1 of 2
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Rax periodic reboot

I've almost the same setup but 2 EX8000 and the router has been as steady as a rock.

couple of quick checks.

Logs are under administration and might show an issue.

Iff connected via PPPoE just under internet setting that the connection is set to always on and not dial up as the router will sleep if no traffic detected.

Perform a factory reset using the rear pin hole and setup as new, do not use a saved profile.

Normally after an update or if you experience issues the reset is a good starting point.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7