× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax120 Firmware Update

JAHOFF65
Initiate

Rax120 Firmware Update

I downloaded the most recent firmware update three days ago and have had nothing but problems staying connected to the internet. Get “internet unstable” messages and disconnections daily requiring me to turn off both the modem and router to reset my connections. This was not occurring prior to the latest firmware update on the RAX120. Hs anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix for it? I work from home and this is causing issues with productivity and providing a poor image to potential clients since I frequently make presentations online from home.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
wrx_mendoza
Aspirant

Re: Rax120 Firmware Update

Mine has factory reset itself daily since the firmware update, so you aren’t alone. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Message 2 of 7
Hadesknight
Aspirant

Had to force a factory reset again, same as last update,

For any Netgear engineers that read through the following is for you to sent up the chain.

The next firmware update please *$%k off that useless wast of time pos you call an app and give back hardwired connections to set up, the app gets dumped the second I've gone through your crap ware and auto updates are off until i see a valid reason to put up with the freakshow your now runningThis garbage wasn't on it when I 1st bought it and it should never have been added.

Other friends have had the same issue when you forced the garbage app upon us, we won't be buying Netgear in the future unless the app BS is dumped or in the very least a way we can sidestep it tried last time and this time to find ways to bypass having to use it. It's not faster to set up as any advanced user will still have to log in to the web interface to correctly set it up.

Save some money and fire the whole app department. If the user doesn't have a wireed connection to which they are serving from they are wasting their time with a any of the higher speced Nighthawk series 

Message 3 of 7
LeeH
Prodigy

Use FW108 until something better is released.

Message 4 of 7
Topology
Virtuoso

Hadesknight, concerning “The next firmware update please … give back hardwired connections to set up,” please note that a wired router-PC configuration is supported, both (a) during the initial setup process as well as (b) for firmware updates. The former is accessible through a selection near the bottom of the first setup page, and the latter is displayed on the router’s webpage at ADVANCED | Administration | Firmware Update | Locate and select the upgrade file on your hard disk.

Message 5 of 7
Jeremyd75
Tutor

Same problem here been a nightmare since this firmaware update hope they fix it soon can’t understand why they release garbage like this and than wait for enough people to complain on the community before fixing it
Message 6 of 7
JAHOFF65
Initiate

Agreed. I will NEVER buy another netgear product. For the price of this product invested only because I wanted a sound problem free solution, I received nightmares and an unstable internet solution. All of the problems ALWAYS surrounding their unstable firmware riddled with issues. NOT HAPPY . NOT HAPPY AT ALL.
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7