× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax120 Reset

Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Barvel-A - I wanted to follow up and ask if you were able to get in contact with support.

@ruritz - Looking forward to your next update!

Christian

Message 51 of 55
ruritz
Initiate

No, my support ran out and I wasn't going to pay for it. Rolling back the firmware seams to have corrected the issue. It has not reset since I did it. 

Message 52 of 55
Barvel-A
Guide

@Christian_R wrote:

@Barvel-A- I wanted to follow up and ask if you were able to get in contact with support.

@ruritz- Looking forward to your next update!

Christian

@Christian_R 

Yes, I did get in contact with them.  

It rebooted, but did not default one more time. 

We worked out an RMA that I am going to process tomorrow.

I have also purchased a new APC Battery backup to condition the line.

Hopefull this will resolve the issue. 

Message 53 of 55
Topology
Virtuoso

Barvel-A, when purchasing an uninterruptable power supply unit, you may wish to look for one that provides sine wave output:  "When the UPS system switches to battery current, a power supply with an Active PFC circuit may detect that power gap and shut itself down…. UPS systems that deliver sine wave output prevent these unexpected shutdowns by not having these 'power gaps'” (see this document).

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 54 of 55
SubLogic
Aspirant

Haven't seen much improvement between 114 and 118 so I'm running 118. Today my wired connections were working and phones on WiFi started saying incorrect password. Tried to reboot via the app but said "disconnected" unable to connect remotely. 

Powered off and back on and everything is working again. 

Reliability is 24-48 hours between reboots. Unit is plugged into a tripp lite AV550SC power filter and battery backup,

Time to upgrade to a mesh network. I'm between the Orbi AX6000 or Linksys MX10, just worried about staying with a NetGear system based on my experiance with the RAX120. 

Wish I could get a trade in credit for the AX120 towards a new router. 

Message 55 of 55
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 54 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7