× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax120 can't working in HT160!

ljy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rax120 can't working in HT160!

My rax120 was bought last month, Because I use ac9260 wireless network card, so I choose to work in ht80, there is no problem with the device. But just yesterday I changed the ax200 wireless network card to let the router switch to ht160 mode, but it didn't work. I found that my wireless network card was still only 1.0Gbps. My firmware version is V1.0.1.108. Can anyone help me?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Rax120 can't working in HT160!

A couple things to try.

1. Make sure the intel card has the latest drivers from intel.

2. Just because its connecting at 1gbps doesn't mean the RAX isn't broadcasting 4800mbps. If you're further away, somethings obstructing, dfs is making it switch because you live near an airport, many factors influence your connection to the router. 

3. The AX200 is a 2x2 device so its absolute max connection speed is going to be 2400mbps if everything is working correctly. 

4. How far from the router are you? House materials? 

Message 2 of 3
ljy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Rax120 can't working in HT160!

My intel wireless network card driver is the latest version of v21.60.2.1. My home is about 25km away from the airport, I don't think it will affect the router's work. My laptop is about 1-2m away from the router, and there is nothing in the middle. I can even see that the router uses 8 channels in the management interface. When I reconnect, I can get 2.4Gbps speed, however after 15s, the speed will drop to 1Gbps. I have also tried to reduce the firmware version, such as v1.0.0.84, but the problem also exists.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7