× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax120 usb issue

thehypnootoad
Luminary

Rax120 usb issue

Managed to get the rax120 to run for few days on .136 really well i plugged my 2 usb harddrives in. Now nothing but issues blink cameras dropping and other cameras internet connection randomly dropping could this be what has been causing me issues. Going to unplug again and see if it the issues return back to normal.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Are they powered usb drivers? 

Or running off the usb bus? 

Message 2 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

They are running of usb no external power they just like the 1 tb external hardrives you can buy off amazon for 40 quid. But my connection has gone back to normal since unplugging as when they were plugged causing connection drops wifi issues with my cameras especially.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

If you only use 1 usb drive, do you have issues? 

Wondering if its possibly a power issue with running 2x usb drives of the usb power 

Message 4 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Hi will give another go and report back in few hours.

Message 5 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Not getting disconnection on my other cameras but with my blink clips aren't loading properly so somethings not right but soon as I unplig blink cameras go back to normal
Message 6 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Has any Netgear got any comment on this as trying to get to bottom tried different usb drives and and reformatted my original drives in ntfs and fat32 but still same issue when plugged in.
Message 7 of 8
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Screenshot_20210331-004137_Chrome.jpgUploaded images of the specs of the two hardrives 1.Westertern Digital AV-25 WD10JUCT 1TB SATA Hard Drive And other Samsung Spinpoint M HN-M101MBB 2.5" 1000 GB Serial ATA IIScreenshot_20210331-004603_Chrome.jpg

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7