× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax200 download speed

Hyszczak15
Tutor

Rax200 download speed

So I’m trying to figure out why my Rax200 is giving me slow download speeds? I’m on gig internet from xfinity and my rax120 when connected to modem gets exactly the expected speed of 1200 mbps or above but when I put my rax 200 on modem connection it was getting speeds of like 400/500mbps no issues w upload just download speeds. Performed multiple reboots compared w rax120 and isolated that it’s the router being defective also could be firmware but until a new version is released can’t test that theory. Does anyone have any other ideas about how to resolve this issue?
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Rax200 download speed

@Hyszczak15 wrote:
So I’m trying to figure out why my Rax200 is giving me slow download speeds? I’m on gig internet from xfinity and my rax120 when connected to modem gets exactly the expected speed of 1200 mbps or above but when I put my rax 200 on modem connection it was getting speeds of like 400/500mbps ...

Not knowing what this unnamed modem is, we are all shooting in the dark.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
Hyszczak15
Tutor

the modem is the CAX80 

Message 3 of 5

Does that mean you have a CAX80 alongside the RAX200?

That's a cable modem/router followed  by another router.

That would put you in "Double NAT" territory.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

and

How to fix issues with Double NAT | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 5
Hyszczak15
Tutor

I have a multi router connection, cax80 to rax120 connected to Rax200. The Rax200 is upstairs and should be getting download speeds of 940 to 1 gb it’s connected via Ethernet that runs from rax120 instead it gets a max speed of 600. When I swapped my routers to see if rax120 had that issue it did not returned a speed test of 940
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7