× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax200 will not inport wifi device from rax80

Ronnie23
Aspirant

Rax200 will not inport wifi device from rax80

Can't get the rax to to any wifi device that were used with the rax80. Same ssid and password, nothing has changed. I can connect if I go to every device and start fresh.
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Ronnie23, 

That's exactly what you'll need to do after setting up the RAX200. Please go to every WiFi client within your home and forget the previous WiFi network and reconnect to the new WiFi network (RAX200). 

Christian

Message 2 of 4
Ronnie23
Aspirant

No your wrong it did after I noticed that the ssid was in a capital from the old router.
Message 3 of 4
robledrew
Apprentice

What is the technical explaination for these instructions? If the SSID and password of the old router are the same as the RAX200, why do we need to forget and re-add on every client?

Could this by why my RAX200 hasn't worked as described since purchasing it? Including the replacement that Netgear sent me? 

No support tech in level 1 or level 2 ever gave the instructions that you are giving, Christian. If they are required, you should tell the higher-ups so that they can add it to the support scripts and instruction booklets and Nighthawk setup apps!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7