× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rax40 setup & access

Rax40 setup & access

Can anyone help, messaged Netgear no replies in days, new RAX40 however after Basic set up only changing network names to what I had Prior on my TP-link so I wouldn't need to redo all my TV's or Smart Hub Samsung smart thing's & Ring Cameras & ring Flood cameras. 

Using the IP on laptop to access setup or the android nighthawk app everything takes forever to load, even to access the router in the same room tasks minutes, can't run a speed test even or make a change the app or computer just thinks & spins & takes forever. 

My old Tp-link archer ac1900 took moments to load make changes, reboot just like everything these days.

Is there some security or something  that's causing this retardation I need to set it & forget it. Whole reason a spent a couple hundred is my old router is 5 years old & 8-year-old tech. I simply wanted a router which would push the same speed coming in out on the 2.4 network, my speed is minimum 400 download & 20upload. In my case I only care about upload speed hence the new Router 

Sure hope someone can mention some help as Netgear isn't any help 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
Ctanner589
Aspirant

Hey. I was having the EXACT same problem after "upgrading" to the RAX40. Log into your router using an internet browser, click on the Advanced tab, select setup, and then wireless setup. If the box for Enable AX is selected, try to unselect it (disable Ax and OFDMA). Not sure why, but having this enabled made my network go crazy. Maybe because it is something newer? I'm not sure.
Message 2 of 11

Thank you for this!

I actually wasted a half a day on this Saturday making the mistake of calling in, total of 3+ hours 1 call 5 transfers & 3 techs, & Not a one in the USA & All verifying my info 7 times total, Netgear actually stated the Rax 40 has an issue across the board. They emailed me a link to change firmware & again stated only the Rax 40 had this issue. Not the Rax80 or others.
Not sure if this is fixed it but I greatly appreciate your response. I lost 2x the amount in income this rax40 cost. So If I return it in out $600.
I just need a router that works.
I'll try this also, though I don't know these acronyms or language
I just can't understand why a 10-year-old TP-link the app access is instant, but this Rax40 takes minutes to just connect? Minutes to make changes. Minutes to do it's own speedtest even??

Thank you again
Message 3 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

EcoDieselDave, 

Would you mind sending me a message with your case number and email address. I'd like to have your support case escalated. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 11

I've already wasted hours on the phone with Netgear, 3 hours 1 call. Mostly hold time.
They sent a firmware download & said all RAX40 routers have issues... So I'm returning all my Netgear Products as I require a router which i can access promptly from the night hawk app or IP address on a computer.

Crazy this supposed lightning Fast Router takes minutes to access the Menus or make changes even a speed test!!!
Message 5 of 11
benoit_fr
Apprentice

I do agree. Same problem. Takes ages to load a page in the admin back-office. For a Wifi6 product, it's cleary a shame.

Does this mean there is conception / hardware design problem ?

My AX4 is one week old. I am thinking about returning it also...

Message 6 of 11

Yes, return it.
Netgear told me all RAX40, have firmware problems.
My brother bought me a RAX80, but even that is slow to load change etc... & the distance seems poor, example if I'm in my garage I get little signal. I'm likely going back to TP-link. Netgear is to be the Leaders but they are lacking. Not even USA support or Prompt email. I should known when I had failures with all my arlo products, unfortunately. I'm one to spend the money to set it and forget it. & except after a power loss all will restart back to normal if not better, like it had a full refresh 😉
Message 7 of 11
benoit_fr
Apprentice

Ok, thanks for the information.

I purchased a Netgear product based on reputation and quality, seems that this product range is not the case unfortunately.

Message 8 of 11

Same reasons I also went to Netgear, unfortunately not the case like you write.
Message 9 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello benoit_fr - Thanks for posting. Our team would like to work with you directly on the issues you're experiencing. If you're interested, please send me a message with your contact info and serial number.

~Christian 

Message 10 of 11
benoit_fr
Apprentice

A case in in progress. Tks

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos