× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax40

WillRod10
Aspirant

Rax40

My router suddenly went down and I have reset it and unplugged it multiple times and it connects but none of my devices are able to work on the wifi
Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
itsmehuey
Luminary

Re: Rax40

what firmware version are you using? there is a major flaw in the latest version of the firmware which renders wireless channels inoperable and requires you to perform a complete restart of the router to get them up again (only until the next time the issue occurs).

also have you tried a factory reset? 

Message 2 of 4
WillRod10
Aspirant

I’m not sure I can’t access the app. I have tried to factory reset it multiple times and still encounter the same problem. All the lights are green and all devices around the house show connection yet nothing works if we try to use them
Message 3 of 4
itsmehuey
Luminary

@WillRod10 wrote:
I’m not sure I can’t access the app. I have tried to factory reset it multiple times and still encounter the same problem. All the lights are green and all devices around the house show connection yet nothing works if we try to use them

you don't need to access the app to know what firmware version you're on.. administrative operations can be performed through the web portal - navigate to http://192.168.1.1/ and enter in your admin credentials and in there you can check what firmware you're on and if you are on the newest firmware, you can roll back to the previous version until Netgear fixes the current firmware and releases a new one.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7