× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax50 nighthawk wifi router wifi dropping

Jdeolive
Follower

Rax50 nighthawk wifi router wifi dropping

My RAX50 nighthawk wifi router has been experiencing issues where WIFI loses connection for 30 secs or so and then regains it. This has been happening a few times a day on my 5G network. I have rebooted my pc and my router multiple times. 

I have also performed a factory reset and switched to the 2.4 network for my work PC (as connection should be more stable there). The wifi dropping is more infrequent now but still happening (it happened twice today). 

I'm on the latest firmware: v1.0.2.82

I have also armor disabled (not sure if that helps)

Anything else I should be doing to improve the connectivity? 

If this gets worse I'm thinking of just going back to my old netgear router: AC1750 which is slower but more reliable. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
knelson454
Aspirant

Re: Rax50 nighthawk wifi router wifi dropping

Same issues here. Started last Friday 8/13 (Friday the 13th. Hmmm). Anyway kept dropping 5G all throughout the weekend. Worked all day Monday (as far as I know),  now Tuesday 8/17, its gone again but really gone (see Ring is offline since around 7am). I havent' been home to reset it but that seems to be the only fix, reset the entire thing, but now when it goes off it stays off. I also am on v1.0.2.82 and I see there is a new Firmware now so will try that tonight, but not very hopeful. If anyone else has had this and fixed it please let us know. Thanx.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7