× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rax80 wifi speeds good in the morning, but slows throughout the day

Bagitz
Aspirant

Rax80 wifi speeds good in the morning, but slows throughout the day

I am having issues with the wifi speeds through my RAX80. When first starting out in the morning, all is good, but throughout the day the wifi speeds slow down quite a bit. Will have around 700 download at first, but then around 2 or 3 in the afternoon slows to around 50 down. And seems progressive. But then in the morning seems ok again. Upload is always at 18, no worries there. I have updated to latest firmware 1.0.3.92_1.0.43_beta. and still the same. Not using the 2.4 GHz channel so have it turned off and have tried swapping channels for the 5ghz also. I Am using the ax features for a computer and a cell phone. Seems when I change channels for the 5ghz it works better for a bit, but them slows down after just a short while. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Bagitz
Aspirant

Re: Rax80 wifi speeds good in the morning, but slows throughout the day

Well, I think I figured the issue out. This is a new router to my system, and although I was getting full speeds initially after connecting tot the modem and testing, I decided to do a factory reset, not the full 30-30-30, just the 7 second while connected to the modem, then re-set my preferences and that seemed to do the job, High speed all day now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Bagitz
Aspirant

Well, I think I figured the issue out. This is a new router to my system, and although I was getting full speeds initially after connecting tot the modem and testing, I decided to do a factory reset, not the full 30-30-30, just the 7 second while connected to the modem, then re-set my preferences and that seemed to do the job, High speed all day now.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Bagitz, 

Thanks for sharing your experience as it may help others! 

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7