× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare constantly accessing connected drives

jf6791
Guide

Readyshare constantly accessing connected drives

I recently upgraded to an RAX120 from WNDR4500 and connecting same drives (256 GB thumb and 4TB seagate expansion) find the lights on drives never go out any more.  I'm not utilizing Cloud, Vault or Media server.  Not having issue accessing any content - it just seems abnormal for the drives be constantly accessed when they weren't on the old router.  Anyone else running into this?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
jf6791
Guide

Re: Readyshare constantly accessing connected drives

Some additional information on this:  There is a function in the router access portal to remove usb drive(s).  After doing that and getting confirmation that it was safe to remove the drives the access lights on them are still on.  The only way to stop the router from accessing the drives is to power it down.

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jf6791,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
jf6791
Guide

Did that about a month ago including uploading a bunch of screenshots and debug logs to the ticket.  Apparently that's all being digested by someone or group.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7