× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare disconnects after about 12 hours

wdreiling
Initiate

Readyshare disconnects after about 12 hours

ReadyShare does not remain connected with my WD 4tb drive formatted with NTFS.  I am able to see the drive and connect properly to begin with.  Everything seems fine.  After approximately 12 hours (overnight) I lose connection tot he drive and the admin page and applications show "No USB Connected"  If I unplug the drive and plug it back in it will recognize the drive and become available again on my network.  

I am running the latest version of the firmware on this router (1.0.4.46).  When I click check for updates it tells me none are available.  

What can I do to ensure that my network storage remains connected to this router without having to physically disconnect and reconnect the drive once or twice per day?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Readyshare disconnects after about 12 hours

Disable the WD USB enclosure automatic power handling. 

Message 2 of 3
wdreiling
Initiate

Re: Readyshare disconnects after about 12 hours

Thank you for the advice.  I ran the WD Drive utility that came with the hard drive.  There was a "Sleep" setting which I have now set to off.  Is this what you were referencing?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7