× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recommend a pair of routers for my fixed wireless setup

dan147
Aspirant

Recommend a pair of routers for my fixed wireless setup

Hi All, Im looking for recommendations for what do buy for my setup.I have two locations, a house and shop. between the house and a shop, there is a fixed-wireless solution already in place, a pair of ubiquity fixed-AP satellite dishes that are paired together. They function exactly like one (extremely long) ethernet cable. 

Essentially, im asking what you would buy if you had two locations that were (effectively) wired via ethernet together that are really far apart. So im not looking for a repeater (since I already have a solution in place), but I need good wifi at both locations. The house is two-story 2400 sqft, the shop is 1800sqft one-story metal building. 

I was considering getting a RAX120 for the house, and maybe something smaller like a rax50 for the shop, both on the same subnet. The RAX50 would have DHCP and NAT turned off (bridge mode), so basically access point only. My question is, can I manage both of these with the nighthawk app? And would these be solid purchases? 

thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: Recommend a pair of routers for my fixed wireless setup

For your use case, for the nighthawk app to manage both without having to switch any networks, the RAX50 would have to be put into AP mode.

Beyond that, it should all work smoothly with a setup such as RAX120 from the main home > Ethernet> Ubiquiti ~beam product> Wireless point to point> Ubiquiti ~beam product>  Ethernet> WAN port of RAX50 in AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
cscott1
Guide

following... just purched the RAX50 coming in the mail today... so dont have any input on it yet.

Message 2 of 4
Razor512
Prodigy

For your use case, for the nighthawk app to manage both without having to switch any networks, the RAX50 would have to be put into AP mode.

Beyond that, it should all work smoothly with a setup such as RAX120 from the main home > Ethernet> Ubiquiti ~beam product> Wireless point to point> Ubiquiti ~beam product>  Ethernet> WAN port of RAX50 in AP mode.

Message 3 of 4
dan147
Aspirant

Thanks for the help!!! Sounds like it'll work like I hoped!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7