× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove Netgear Armor Trial

Fixitplease02
Initiate

Remove Netgear Armor Trial

I want to know how to delete anything associated with Netgear Armor, which somehow, it got activated for a 30 day trial. I know what it is and you couldn't pay me to use that service, much less me pay you for it, not going to happen, ever. How do I end this 30 day trial and permanently block or remove Netgear Armor? So sketchy all around ugh. Kind of makes me regret going Netgear for my Wi-Fi 6 upgrade. Thanks!
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 6
psychopomp123
Luminary

Re: Remove Netgear Armor Trial

On the Nighthawk smartphone app, go to settings > security and turn off the toggle for 'enable Netgear armor'. 

Message 2 of 6
RajaDaja
Luminary

I found that doing a factory reset is one way to remove that Armor software. Cheapskates! We should be getting that service  for free!

30 day trial!    Phewy! I say.....

@Fixitplease02 wrote:
I want to know how to delete anything associated with Netgear Armor, which somehow, it got activated for a 30 day trial. I know what it is and you couldn't pay me to use that service, much less me pay you for it, not going to happen, ever. How do I end this 30 day trial and permanently block or remove Netgear Armor? So sketchy all around ugh. Kind of makes me regret going Netgear for my Wi-Fi 6 upgrade. Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
msrendorg
Tutor

I have the same problem.  Help please

Message 4 of 6
Fixitplease02
Initiate

But there isn't a way to just cancel the subscription and be done with it? There is nothing that I have seen anywhere to cancel or remove. Turning it off is fine but I want it gone! Lol. I paid $600 at Best Buy for that router a few months back and then suddenly I'm being hassled by a subscription service that I don't want or need, with no way to stop it.
Message 5 of 6
RajaDaja
Luminary

Well,
If you have backup prior to installing Armor. Initially I didn’t install Armor after the new firmware update. But the only way to get rid of Armor other than restoring the router back to a previous point is a Factory Reset.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7