× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Replacement for AC1900

RW12
Aspirant

Replacement for AC1900

Looking to replace-upgrade a nighthawk ac1900 and R7000 with something that has the same or more coverage area. More concerned about getting coverage than speed and few Enet ports as I have hard wire for backbone. Would one of the new mesh systems cover the same or more area?
I did buy the RBK753 AX4200, have not opened as have concerns it will not have same coverage area.
Any thought or suggestions?
These AC1900 and R7000 worked good for me for the last few years but The nighthawk AC1900 stops sending signal and needs to be reset once a week. The R7000 basically stopped working (red light blinks and does not reset) after an update about six months ago.
Message 1 of 4
RW12
Aspirant

I typed incorrect I have the Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 which has to be reset once a week that was paired with the Nighthawk EX8000 extender, the light on the extender is what is blinking, tried off/on, reset, factory default ext but no luck. So was looking to replace/upgrade.
Message 2 of 4

@RW12 wrote:
I did buy the RBK753 AX4200, have not opened as have concerns it will not have same coverage area.

If that doesn't cover it, you must  live in a big mansion.

You can always add extra satellites.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

That will give you some idea of the area you can expect to cover.

Message 3 of 4
RW12
Aspirant

No mansion just the way the area I want to cover is laid out like a U.  We have a garage/workshop on one side, house in middle and outside patio area on other side the house. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7