× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacing BT Home Hub 6 with DrayTek Vigor 130, then connecting to my Nighthawk RAX200, step by step

theMPG
Tutor

Replacing BT Home Hub 6 with DrayTek Vigor 130, then connecting to my Nighthawk RAX200, step by step

Replacing my BT Home Hub 6 with DrayTek Vigor 130, then connecting to my Nighthawk RAX200, step by step guide if possible. 

Hi.  Looking for some not-too-techie guidance and help, if possible.  

My plan is:

-  I replace my existing BT Home Hub 6, with a DrayTek Vigor 130 modem

-  then, attaching my Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 to my new DrayTek Vigor 130 modem.
      -  Can anyone give me 'an idiots guide' for how to configure my RAX200 for perfect harmony, between the Vigor130 and the RAX200 units.  
      -  do I perform a factory reset of the RAX200, so automatic configuration can sense the v130 modem and pick up up those settings

-  do I perform a factory reset of the RAX200, and manually set-up each section? If so, how... what should the settings be...?

Any guidance, would be gratefully received.  I want to slowly get the units into place, knowing I have reduced the option of failure, as much as possible. 

I have been advised I need to consider PPPoE, and DHCP.  I also understand the Vigor will be in Bridge mode, which then leaves the RAX200 to manage the DHCP, and I have obtained then PPPoE information for my BT Broadband provision. 

You now know, all I know... but how do this... where to start, and each step until completion..

Many thanks,

Martin (London)

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
theMPG
Tutor

Re: Replacing BT Home Hub 6 with DrayTek Vigor 130, then connecting to my Nighthawk RAX200, step by

Thanks so much.  Quite often it's knowing where to get the answer to the problem, but knowing what to ask, is often the bigger issue.   

I greatly appreciate the forum details, heading there now, to see what's what, or ad a post.  

many thanks,   👍

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Replacing BT Home Hub 6 with DrayTek Vigor 130, then connecting to my Nighthawk RAX200, step by

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
theMPG
Tutor

Thanks so much.  Quite often it's knowing where to get the answer to the problem, but knowing what to ask, is often the bigger issue.   

I greatly appreciate the forum details, heading there now, to see what's what, or ad a post.  

many thanks,   👍

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 6
theMPG
Tutor

I heard this community was good, but the support has been amazing.  I was initially a little worried that I was asking a 'stoopid' question, but everyone has been so encouraging with guiding me through this.   

the changeover will with be this weekend or next, commitments allowing.  

I greatly appreciate everyone's guidance..l everyone has to start done where, right... 😉👍

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Come visit anytime you need. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7