× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset button on used RAX120 not working

Stormygirl
Aspirant

Reset button on used RAX120 not working

I purchased the net gear nighthawk rax120 on auction. I thought it was new but it was an Amazon return. No instructions in box. The app only works so far. The router name shows up on my phone but it’s locked and I need the password which I don’t have because I didn’t set it. I tried the default password and that doesn’t work. I have tried pressing the reset button for 20 seconds. I have tried the 30-30-30 reset to default settings but while the router shows up in my phone settings it is still locked and the default password does not work. And suggestions? I have successfully reset and used other routers I bought used. I tried just entering the IP address in my browser but that gets me nowhere. I’m reaching the end of my knowledge for further ideas. Is this one a lost cause?
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Reset button on used RAX120 not working

Possibly, if the long press or 303030 didn't work, i'd say its not in a good state or not responding. 

Message 2 of 4
Stormygirl
Aspirant

Thank you. That’s all I wanted to hear but from someone more knowledgeable than me.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

have you tried using a hardwired in pc/laptop?

Are you able to get to the gui for the router with a hardwired in device?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7