× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Dropping Connection For Random Devices

Lilweezy83
Aspirant

Router Dropping Connection For Random Devices

Hello,

I've had an issue with my router since it was initially purchased where the Wi-Fi connection for random devices would just stop working. Other devices would work fine, but those items would just completely lose their connection and it would require a full reboot to get it back working. This has been happening at least every other day since I originally purchased the device.

I've gone through multiple cases with support and have tried resetting the router, a firmware update and changing the wifi channels. It was last reported that it was probably an issue with my ISP, but I've troubleshooted with them and nothing was found. I then switched back to my older router that this new was set to replace and my connection worked flawlessly for two weeks.

Please advise as now support will no longer help me.

Thanks!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Router Dropping Connection For Random Devices

Hello,

Has support been able to follow up on your support ticket recently? If not, I can assist with having your issue escalated. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Router Dropping Connection For Random Devices

If you have “smart connect” turned on, kill it. It was screwing my whole house up. It was making my TVs, laptops, & phones jump from 2.4 to 5ghz and drop constantly. You’ll get much more reliable connections.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7