× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Keeps Going Offline Model - RAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi Ro

NiteWatcher
Guide

Router Keeps Going Offline Model - RAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi Router

In last day or two... my brand new Router  

RAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi Router 

keeps going offline ... It is not ISP ...  

with that I have intermitent   issues  connecting to the  Internet.   I have two EAX80 Extenders   connected to it as well ... but I do not think they would  be issue ... as they are just the extenders..  Currently I am directly cabled to the Router and in turn it  is directly connected to DSL Modem ... all within   6 feet so   it is not a   WiFi issue.   All equipment is brand new including   Router, Extenders,  and even brand New   CAT 8 Cabling ... 

Firmware Verson 1.0.1.52

Model Number RAXE500

Baffled here...  not sure what to make of it.

Message 1 of 34
plemans
Guru

Re: Router Keeps Going Offline Model - RAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi Ro

the goal when you have mutliple devices is to simplify for testing. 

1. What dsl modem is it? Some have their own intgrated routers and it causes a double nat

2. what actual issue is happening? Saying its going offline doesn't tell us much. Does it say "connected, no internet" does wifi stop broadcasting entirely, do devices disconnect from the wifi but can still see it, what actually happens?

Again, with any testing, simplify. power off the extenders and just go modem----->router to ensure it isn't an extender issue. 

Message 2 of 34
Minu
Aspirant

I have the same problem. My RAXE500 keep going to internet offline mode. My internet is ok. Just to test I connected my old router to another port. The old one has internet where as the new new one not. Called Netgear customer care, they just make factory reset. It worked for few hours and it become offline again. I have to restart router every time to make it online and it keep going to offline. Any help appreciated.
Message 3 of 34
Juan31
Aspirant

Same issue I'm having. Just received today with Cm2000 modem. I get into the nighthawk app and shows offline then minutes later back to online. Keeps doing it back n forth every few minutes.
Message 4 of 34
Juan31
Aspirant

It's not extender issue.... I have same problem with no extenders connected at all
Message 5 of 34
Minu
Aspirant

Have multiple call with netgear support, No luck. Due to the internet going to offline, i can't use the router. i started using my old router. Need help on this urgently if any fix for it.

Message 6 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nitewatcher, Minu, & Juan31, 

May you let me know if you're experiencing issues with your RAXe500 going offline? If so, please send me a private message with your email address and case number(s) if you have a case open with support. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 7 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

Well sorry it took so long to get back o n this issue...  for the most part my network    has stabalized.     I now have my RAXE500 connected with  3 EAX80's . I also replaced all cables to Cat 8   ... so yes became an expensive proposition   given   my dollar   is 25%   less than the American ... I purchased all components through the US including my cables.    

I reset everything... including  upgraded modem ... all in all it has cost me   about   12K  to do this   upgrade (includes 2 brand new PC's that support wifi 6e).    The only issue I seem to have now is that devices when they go into sleep mode  , I sometimes have to reset the   Router  (RAXE500) but   never have had to reset the  3    Range Extenders (EAX80's) .    I can say ... this that given the amount I have  spent on getting  it operational   it has been a bit  of a frustrating journey.    

MY DSL Modem I have no control over that   my Service Provider provides it ...  and  they brand it under their company name an d will not give that information to me.       I am not sure why  even to this point why   the Router would go offline   in the beginning ... it simply makes no sense.  It should of worked  seemlessly given that it is touted   to be even backwards compatible.     So on that front   baffled still ..

I am   happy to say for most part it is functional. and since I  have even upgraded my PC Network as , mentioned also support Wifi 6e.     So  the only thing I can surmise   ... is there are some   possible back ward  compatibility issues ... but I cannot   say that definitively nor can I say it is accruate   that is an issue.    Just seems to  be so given I have literally upgraded   everything   on my network to brand new.   Since I have   it appears that  my issues are far less of an issue.    

On e thing I can say on the  software app ... if   the device is an older device  even by a   few   years   it does not play well  with them even if they are   Netgear .     I found that the app works amazing ly  well  if everything is  brand new  and capable of   wifi   6.       I honestly think the   APP could use some  upgrades   that allow you   utilize it when    SAY  Netgear is having   issues you are still able to use it... I   found out recently  that when  Netgear  is having issues the   APP became   non  functioning..  because   wow  you cannot log into it when NETGear   server is down.

Unless there is something I have missed ...   other than that  setting up  brand  new  EAX80  Extenders was a   breeze ...  I do not like the limited functionality of the app though...  as clunky as GENIE was    it   still had   some better options ... 

regards

Message 8 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Nitewatcher,

Thanks for getting back and providing an update! Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of any further assistance. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 9 of 34
sthawkins5
Aspirant

Same issue here with RAXE500 when it goes into sleep mode.  No issues using other routers I had before this one.   Also issue with it cutting off wifi to sites which I had to open a case for that and the fix is turn off Armor.   Bit disappointed here as well.   

Message 10 of 34
Minu
Aspirant

Finally my RAXE500 router goingi nternet offline mode is resolved. I did factory reset of the router with Armor off is working fine. When i activate armore, my router internet is getting offline mode. As of now i am using the router with Armor switched off. i raised a bug with Netgear and waiting for the support group for further update.

Message 11 of 34
Juan31
Aspirant

Thanks for that info. I've had armor off last 2 days and no issue. I won't be using that service.
Message 12 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

Well.... I am beginning to regret ever buying Netgear equipment this go ... it is going off line again for no  reason.

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi Nitewatcher,

Thanks for getting back and providing an update! Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be of any further assistance. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 13 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

there use to be a day you could rely on Netgear Products... as   far as I am concerned this product is a complete failure in technology.

Message 14 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

ps... I also have Armor turned off... what is the point of paying for something that does not work properly.     Netgear   has failed  on this  product ... I would not recommend Netgear to anyone at the moment ... I have  spent a load of mone y on  this product and to have  such a   dismal   operation record   ... and obviously it is not just me ... and given I have literally  upgraded every device that I am able to including cabling and PC's to  ensure compatability ...  

SAD  GEAR ... 

Message 15 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi NiteWatcher,

We recently released firmware v 1.0.4.60. May you update to the latest firmware version linked below. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063690/RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-60-Hot-Fix

Regards,

Christian 

Message 16 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

Than k    you for the update... I am up to date firmware  wise... so the testing continues. 

PS... your  App was not  able to do the update ...  as mentioned previously there should be updates to the APP to be more  robust .

thx  again. 

Message 17 of 34
sthawkins5
Aspirant

Updated to new firmware and still issue persists.   Armor starts blocking or does not allow websites to load properly.   

Message 18 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

If you're still experiencing issues, please send me a private message with your email address and router serial number.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 19 of 34
Minu
Aspirant

No Resolution yet from Netgear. The support team has to call me back to do further troubleshooting but no call since last 1 week. Very frustrated with this product. 

Message 20 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

THUMBS    down on this  ROUTER...  I have never had so many issues with equipment in my life.  Upgrades are doing absolutely ZERO ....    it still goes offline .... 

Message 21 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Minu & NiteWatcher,

We recently released FW v1.0.5.62 for the RAXE500. I would recommend updating to this firmware version. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063717/RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-62

Looking forward to your next update!

Christian 

Message 22 of 34
NiteWatcher
Guide

I have already updated when it came out ... still going offline today...  unfortunately...

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi Minu & NiteWatcher,

We recently released FW v1.0.5.62 for the RAXE500. I would recommend updating to this firmware version. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063717/RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-62

Looking forward to your next update!

Christian 

Message 23 of 34
plemans
Guru

@NiteWatcher After the update, did you try a factory reset? 

The RAXE is getting updated drivers even from broadcom. 

Always worth a chance when even the underlying drivers that's in the firmware is changing. 

Message 24 of 34
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello NiteWatcher, 

I'd like to check in and see if you were able to perform a factory reset as Plemans suggested. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 25 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7