× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Reboots when joining GTA Online

unklequacker
Follower

Router Reboots when joining GTA Online

I've seen other posts about an issue joining an XBL party.  I haven't seen that, but this is similar.  I have an issue where the router will completely reboot itself when I try to start GTA Online on the Xbox One (separate xbox consoles a One X and a One S).  I had this same issue with the last router (which is actually why I decided to upgrade to the AX75 - Costco Variant).  I had the Nighthawk X6S (R8000P) router before this.  I have played with every conceivable setting and can't seem to get anything to work for any length of time (Port forwarding, port triggering, XB1 in DMZ, guest network, turn off all other network traffic, static IP, dynamic IP, UPnP enabled and disabled, QoS on and off), wired and wireless, 2.4g and 5g.  I just can't seem to figure out a solution.  It's not the Xbox because it happens on both Xbox's I own in my house and when my son takes his xbox to his mom's house he doesn't have an issue there.  I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's the Cable Modem as well?  It's also a netgear modem (CM1100).  I've tried using the aggregate internet connection on it as that's the only setting on the modem I can change, but obviously it didn't work.  Has anyone seen something similar? Any more ideas for me to try?   I'm kind of reaching the end of my rope here and am about to just go to a different network setup w/out a netgear router. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
zcapogna
Aspirant

Re: Router Reboots when joining GTA Online

Just a quick note, same problem with my RBK852.  Have AX features disabled.  3 different Xboxes.  All crash my mesh system during GTA V load.  Switch to cellphone hotspot, works fine.

Would love a fix.  Xbox and game maker will not fix if cause is in router.

Message 2 of 3
zcapogna
Aspirant

Re: Router Reboots when joining GTA Online

Turning off IPv6 fixed GTA V router crash.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7