× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router keeps dropping the Wifi network names

Stellwagen
Follower

Router keeps dropping the Wifi network names

I have problems with my Nighthawk AX4 router dropping the wifi network names all the time.  I end up rebooting and then they show back up and before long they have disappeared.  How do I fix this.  I need to get this fixed first because I have a netgear extender that I cannot hook up because even if I reboot and it finds the wifi network names, it keeps telling me the passwords are not correct when the app confirms they are.  If I can fix why they keep disappearing, then I can try to connect the extender again.  Please help.  This is very frustrating.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
itsmehuey
Luminary

Re: Router keeps dropping the Wifi network names

you have the same problem as everyone else here on the forums - it's been discussed to death, but Netgear aren't doing anything about it other than forcing people to purchase support/service plans after the 90 day complimentary support lapses. If you're able to, return the router ASAP. I unfortunately cannot return mine as my return period from the retailer has lapsed.. Last Netgear product I'll ever purchase.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Router keeps dropping the Wifi network names

Hello Stellwagen,

Welcome to the community! Have you had a moment to get in contact with our support team?

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7